GREENWICH - Crews put out a fire at a restaurant Sunday morning that closed Greenwich Avenue for about an hour.
Deputy Fire Chief Brian Koczak said no one was injured in the flames and that the fire was contained to the cooking duct at The National restaurant on 376 Greenwich Ave.
The fire started shortly before 10:30 a.m. in the cooking area and extended up into the chimney and hood duct system, Koczak said. He said the fire marshal is investigating why the hood extinguishing system did not activate.
It took about a half hour to put out the fire, Koczak said. Officials closed the road for a little more than an hour.
Koczak said the building has some water damage from the sprinkler system and smoke damage throughout the entire structure, but he said there was no fire damage to the interior of the building.